Monday, January 14, 2013

Ditto

I'm so good at coming up with amazing blog post names that I almost used one of my awesome ones from last year again. Yes, that is how I am framing my brain's lack of creativity, sue me, it's Monday.

Just a really quick time sensitive post:

My Sister's Closet is an event  with a donation drive ending Friday (the picture at right says until Tuesday January 18th so I called to confirm and they said Friday the 18th) that could use your help (sorry for the short notice!) They are looking for clothing and accessories for women of all shapes and sizes who are about to transition from a school setting to the workplace. I'm not sure exactly the gender make-up of my readership, but guys, let me tell ya, wearing clothing that you feel good in makes a huge difference to a woman. Not to say that it doesn't to a man, since I'm not man I don't know your take on it as such, but you don't have to be a genius to know that the social pressures for women to look a certain way are pretty overwhelming. So for all my local readers, tell a woman you know about this event - this is the time of year when everyone starts off fresh anyway, the perfect time to evaluate the closet.

Drop at 455 McDermot Ave. If you won't be able to make it down there during office hours but are able to gather some things send me an email or a DM on twitter and maybe I can pick it up from you and drop it off on your behalf.

That's it. Just about the shortest post ever - who knew I could do it?!

Here is a link to the poster for last year, I couldn't seem to find it on their website this year and I have no idea how to turn a pdf into a picture format so apologies that the picture in this post is kind of hard to read. Same general info on last year's poster, but again, note that this year they need the donations by this Friday, January 18th, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment