Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day (and happy bus drivers!)

A lighthearted post to follow my last one. Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! I think it's my favourite holiday now that Halloween turned slutty. There are no cards to buy, no presents to wrap, basically it is a successful day if you wear green and perhaps drink a little too much (bonus point if the drinks are green). I'm wearing my, once a year, vintage, Kiss Me I'm Irish shirt and my underthings and socks are green. There is a possibility that I'm hosting a meeting today and serving Shepard's Pie, green Kool-Aid and even made a shamrock shaped cake. Ok, so I'm a little over the top, but it's the one day a year when my love of Celtic music isn't out of place.
Kind of a good article to go with the picture if you click here!
In a quick bid for sympathy, I slipped on ice on my stairs this morning as I was leaving the house. Let me suggest that this is not a good plan. I can't sit in my usual office chair, probably for a few days, because of it - it's one of those kneely jobs and I broke the skin open in several places. On the bright side, although the shamrock cake went flying when it happened, it's okay.

I'll leave you with this little bit of Winnipeg nostalgia for the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment