Tuesday, January 4, 2011

History

Those that know me, know I'm not generally much for history, but I came across this and it's just too good not to share.

Near as I can tell it was filmed at the corner of Austin and Euclid in Point Douglas - now there is a small apartment building there.



What a great piece of North End history. I googled it to see if there was anything else written about the store, but came up empty. Maybe someone out there knows Helen Baryluk and can tell us how the story continues. Heck, maybe some aspiring filmmaker or the NFB wants to follow up?

1 comment:

  1. I found this page by googling Ted Baryluk's Grocery. After doing a bit more googling I found the obituary for Ted's wife, Eva:

    http://www.passagesmb.com/obituary_details.cfm?ObitID=143683

    Looks like she stayed in Winnipeg after all and married someone from there.

    ReplyDelete