Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Help our furry residents

Hmmm, well, since I don't know that I have much of a following I don't know how much good this will do, but I'm sure if I ever end up with a following the message will still be relevant.

D'Arcys Arc is having a cash crunch (see article here) and we can help. Obviously, being the generous folk that Manitobans are known to be, you might have already expended your donation cash. These are my cashless suggestions - I buy my cat food there, whatever profit there is to be had in the food goes to the shelter - you're going to buy it anyway, it might as well be there. A friend donated her HBC reward points to D'Arcys. Have unwanted but still usable stuff? Donate it to one of their two thrift stores (Main St. or Sargent Ave.). Checking the couch cushions for change is a hit or miss, but with $1 and $2 coins in existence you might make a pretty good donation.

So step it up Winnipeg!

D'Arcys A.R.C. (Animal Rescue Centre) website here - with donation button!


*I know there are many other great no-kill shelters in Winnipeg, Craig St. Cats and Quagga's come to mind - if you have the cash, please consider them and others as well. I don't know that they have the ability to raise funds in my other suggested ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment